This is what I told myself when I was younger. I do not remember when I started to love dressing up because I used to be the wear-whatever-you-find-on-top-of-the-closet kind of girl but I like how I dress up now.
For me, what I wear reflects the kind of personality I have or the mood I am in. And I believe that dressing up right generates respect from other people. In this entry, I will share my style habits. Hope you read through!
This is the dress down day. If I am wearing a pair of shorts/jeans/jogging pants and a shirt, that means either it’s laundry day or I am going out for a bit whatever the reason is.
First photo is because of laundry day and second one is because I needed to walk my dog around the neighborhood. (Note: the first photo was taken during rehearsals for a play I was a part of)
On other days that I go out for a longer period of time, my usual go-to attire is a dress or skirt and a cute top. If my clothes look plain, I accessorize to make the whole look stand out.
Two of the reasons why I love wearing skirts and dresses are because one, they are easy to wear and two, they make me feel very graceful.
If I am not wearing my dresses or skirts, I go for a pair of shorts or jeans/pants. I am; however, not a fan of flare jeans because if I wear one, I have to wear heels to go with it, which I avoid when I go out without a car. And 80% of the time I am out of the house, I am without a car.
Finally, I love dressing up when there are special occasions such as Christmas, New Year’s, weddings, etc. Let’s just say a special occasion is worth a special attire!
In the end, it’s not about who has the better style because each one of us has a unique sense of style. I think dressing up boils down to these points:
- Confidence in what you wear – If you can wear it, strut it! The world is your runway.
- Mix and match – Well who knew the shirt you have from five years ago would match the pants you just bought!
- The little things matter – Literally. Sometimes your outfit won’t be complete without earrings or a scarf. Always look for something to add if you think your attire is too plain but remember to not overdo it!
- Right outfit at the right place – Even when you have a great get up, when you wear it at the wrong place, it still won’t work.
- It’s not always about the big brands – There are bound to be lots of treasures you can find in bazaars or thrift shops! That’s why I love them!
And this ends my first blog entry. Thanks for reading!