Hi everyone! This will just be a quick post about my recent trip to Pangasinan with my family. Even though it was just a quick trip, it felt really special because it is not everyday that I get to go on a trip with my family with all our conflicting schedules.
My sister and I planned a trip to Pangasinan since most of the resorts in nearer provinces (i.e. Batangas, Laguna, etc.) were already fully booked. Read on below to know more.
We booked a small family room in El Puerto Marina Beach Resort. Because we arrived around 2:00PM, we decided to just settle down first and wait until it was not as hot anymore before we went to the beach area which was a 5-min walk from our room.
The sand here was very fine and soft to touch. What’s more, the beach area was very wide with several cottages around.
Aside from the beach, visitors can also enjoy their water park. We did not try all because most of them were only shallow (waist deep) aside from the newly opened bar x infinity pool.
When the day was over, we went back to our room to settle down and rest. The following day, we checked out as soon as we finished eating our breakfast and did a city tour of our own before finally heading back to Manila.
The resort was okay but it could have been better. Here are some of the pros and cons of El Puerto Marina Beach Resort.
- Wide beach area with fine sand.
- Air-conditioners were working well
- Lots of different swimming pools in the water park. I especially loved the infinity x bar pool
- For a small family room, they only gave 2 bottles of water
- Flush of the toilet was broken
- TV cable channels were just a few (no HBO, Star Movies, etc.)
- Earlier check-out required (11AM instead of 12NN).
- Service was a bit lacking. Overall, I think the value for money is a bit poor.
I still enjoyed our trip because I was with my family. This was one weekend that all of our schedules matched (well actually, I had to cancel one of my hikes for this because of course, family first!) so it was a good thing this pushed through.
Here’s to more trips with our families!
Thanks for reading!